The purpose of this letter is to make sure you are aware of several very important pieces of information. We have created an informational annual notice landing page on our Valley Local School District website. You can access this landing page here.
If you do not have internet access available to you, you may request paper copies. Please make your request to your child’s teacher or the building principal where your child attends school.
The important notices on the annual notice landing page include but at not limited to the following:
- The name and telephone numbers of the VLSD Civil Rights Compliance Officers in the event that you desire to file a formal or informal Anti-Harassment complaint.
- The VLSD non-discrimination in education and employment notices
- The VLSD Postive Behavior Intervention and Supports and Limited Use of Restraint and Seclusion Policy
- Student privacy and parental access to information including surveys, analyses, and evaluations
- Notice to public regarding inspection of instructional materials
- Parents' rights to inspect, review, and request amendments to student educational records
- Address where parents and students can file a complaint if they believe their rights under FERPA have been violated
- Posting and Distribution of Public Records Policy
- Policy and guidelines on bullying, aggressive behavior, and other forms of harassment
- Notice to Parents Regarding Waiver of Fees
- This also serves as notice that the Center Test Coordinator is responsible for assuring that all the assessment adminstration and assessment security provision adopted by the state Board of Education, and all assessment procedures adopted by the state department of Education and this Center, are followed explicitly by the appropriate staff