The Ohio Department of Education is developing recommendations to improve educational experiences and outcomes for students with disabilities in Ohio. In addition to asking educators for input, they are inviting families to provide input into the development of these recommendations.
As a part of their effort to obtain family input, the Office of Exceptional Children has asked our SST to host a Family Town Hall for families from Region 15. The Town Hall will take place on April 2nd at Shawnee State University. I have attached an event flyer that ODE developed for dissemination to families.
I am asking for your assistance in sharing this opportunity with parents and families of students with disabilities in your district. Here's how your district/organization can help:
- Please send home flyers or put information in your parent newsletters. If you would like copies to disseminate, we will be glad to make copies.
- Post flyers in highly frequented areas of your buildings and community.
- Share this information with parent groups or organizations in your district.
- If your district uses Twitter or Facebook, please follow us @SSTRegion15 and retweet/share our post regarding this event.
- Post information about the Town Hall on your district’s website.
- If you receive questions about whether families have to register to attend--registration is encouraged, but is not a requirement.
The Flyer is available at the bottom for download.
Here is the flyer to view: